With more events returning to full capacity in Australia, it is more important than ever to know how to optimise your business’s use of social media in 2022. A comprehensive social media marketing plan is essential for standing out amidst the competition and bringing interest to your business and events.
Promoting and planning an event can be overwhelming and challenging, but our 5 tips will help your company take full advantage of the power of social media for event planning.
1. Optimise Your Company’s Social Media Networks
Whether your company is big or small, social media is one of the most powerful tools a business can use to build interest for marketing events and engage with its audience. Your event marketing strategy should include optimal use of social media platforms.
Some of the best social media platforms for businesses include:
To make sure you optimise your company’s use of social media for event planning, follow these guidelines:
- Determine your audience to help focus your efforts before you begin posting
- Make sure all your social media platforms are up to date and feature accurate contact info, business hours, and event details
- Be consistent with your posts — focus on using the same colours, tone, and logos to increase brand recognition
- Log in using a personal account to see how your page looks to visitors
- Post consistently
- If your budget allows, utilise paid promotion for your event
- Use challenges, informative posts, and excellent content to connect with your audience and build anticipation for your event
2. Understand the Power of Hashtags
Don’t underestimate the power of a good hashtag. An engaging, unique hashtag gives your audience a way to ask questions, share the event, connect with your business, and spread the word.
Want to know how to create the best hashtag for your event? Aim to create a hashtag that is:
- Ultra shareable
- In line with your brand
- Has personality
3. Post Live Updates Throughout the Event
Throughout your event, post photos, live updates, real-time reactions, and instant shareable images. Be sure to use the correct image size for each platform and create eye-catching images and posts that grab your audience’s attention.
You can also hire a videographer to live stream the highlights of your event and continue to build interest.
4. Share Testimonials and Reviews of Previous or Similar Events
Teaser posts help spread the details of your event, gain interest, and build anticipation for your company’s event.
Here are some ideas for social media teaser posts:
- Share testimonials or reviews from past events
- Post a time-lapse video of the space getting prepped for the event
- Post a highlight reel of past events
- Create a blog post detailing your upcoming event
- Post standout images from a previous event to Facebook or Instagram
5. Offer Discounted Tickets or a Giveaway
Everyone loves a good deal! Giveaways, deals, and discounts are a powerful way to engage your audience and build up interest in your company’s event. They also offer powerful insight into the success of your marketing campaign.
When promoting and planning your event, be sure to give your audience chances at discounts or giveaways. Here are some great ways to
- Offer early-bird incentives by selling tickets at a discount when purchased before a certain date (this gives early buyers a great deal and helps your company gauge interest in the event while increasing anticipating and awareness)
- Offer discounts on multiple tickets (another great way to gauge interest and get an idea of event turnout)
- Sell a limited number of tickets or set a clear deadline on when ticket sales end
- Set up a challenge on your social media platforms and offer free tickets to the event or other prizes for winners
If early tickets are slow to sell, try not to get disheartened — this is helpful information. Slow sales of advanced tickets are a clear sign that you need to switch up your marketing strategy.
Maintain the event’s energy and keep the community interested and connected post-event with the following social media strategies:
- Hire a professional videographer to create a Post-Event Video that shows the event’s highlights, encourages further audience engagement, and maintains interest (this video will also be an excellent marketing tool for future events)
- Gather event testimonials and feedback to share across your social media platforms now and for advertising for future events
- Share pictures, video clips, reactions, and testimonials from the event across your social media platforms
- Ask your audience for feedback: What did they like most about the event? What would they like to see at the next event?
Think photo booths are just for birthdays or weddings? Photo booths are also an excellent tool for your corporate events. Contact Adept Photo Booths or send your enquiries for more information on how we can help make your company’s event fun and memorable for your guests.